Thursday, March 5, 2009



Thought I would post a picture of my little trouble maker Geronimo......I'm such a sucker for a pound puppy! He is a full blooded Boxer that ended up at the Rescue weighing in at 8 pounds and sick, sick, sick! When we adopted him he was 4months old and only weighed 12 lbs. at the time we thought it was just a case of malnutrition but as it turns out we adopted a dog that has a very rare genetic disorder that even the Vets at Michigan State have only seen 3 times! In a nutshell he has no bladder control just kind of walks and pee's at the same time!!! Let's just say you don't want him sleeping on your side of the bed unless he's got his little doggy diaper on, poor guy......looks so macho and wears a diaper. Besides the little pee problem he is the most loving and silly dog ever but he is very naughty especially if he gets bored. My Gerr always wants to be by my side, kind of think he's under the impression that he is a lap dog. For a short time we did try using the same medicine they give kids who wets the bed......the Vet turned it into an eye drop that we gave him but at $80.00 a pop every 10 days and no signs of making a huge difference we stopped giving it to him..........I just have to monitor his water intake and take him out as soon as he drinks anything because it literally runs through his system as fast as it goes in! He's got such great disposition I just don't have the heart to put him down!

Anyways I keep going on Sioux Country tonight waiting for updates on the AM Pre-Judge.....really want to see what look they are rewarding this year! Plus I have competed along side some of the girls that are doing the show which is exciting, love seeing girls go on and do really well on the bigger stages! Plus watching the show makes me want to start prepping myself for July! May can't come soon enough to start this prep so I can start shedding the Winter weight, especially after tonight and trying on jeans at the store.........tried on some 3's and they were screaming all the way up (wasn't happening) I would like to say it is just because I've gained sooooooo much muscle in my legs but I have to be real I gots me some cheese going on. I did get weighed at the Doctors office on Tuesday and I almost asked for a do over and stripped down naked.......I literally have not weighed this much EVER unless of course it was during a pregnancy. OK I will share the # (122lbs.) on the positive side what is in a number, maybe instead of getting caught up in the number I should have my body fat checked so I know where I actually stand in the game! I have to think of this as a sport and if you want to improve sometimes that requires being uncomfortable for a matter of time to make the necessary improvements. We will see if it has been worth kicking the Cardio and upping my eats this Winter once I line up in a teeny tiny little 2 piece in July!

Anyways I signing off so I can swing back to the Sioux Site for updates!!!!

As Peggy Sue Crawford would say......Peace, Love and Muscle,


Lisa

7 comments:

  1. your pup is adorable!! heh my boxer happens to be HUGE...the first one i had topped out at 65 pounds...the last one i had was only 55(he was a little guy lol) and my knuckles weighs 90 POUNDS! he is HUGE..his parents were both huge also. The best part is he, too, still thinks he is a lap dog. Haha i think its a boxer thing. They never grow up! That's why i love them though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe... that's a sweet doggie! I love him.
    Yes... I need to stop weight training IMMEDIATELY if I want a chance this year.

    Take a pics at what they are rewarding... and what they are not.

    I think you have a nice amount of muscle for what they are looking for.

    ~C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok that totally came out wrong now that I read it. What I am saying is that you are perfect and you are going to rock it!

    ~C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey nerd girl man your knuckles is huge......90lbs man he's a beast! My Gerr is maybe 45lbs but he is only 1.5 old so he has plenty of time to fill out! He is our 2nd boxer....best family dogs!

    Hey C. - did you see any pictures last night? I only saw the Bikini shots on the Sioux! Really want to see how a couple girls did! Some seemed really lean going into the show by the progress shots I saw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie pie! I use to have a boxer myself so that expression on the picture tugs at my heart! :) I too have been hoping that the reason my jeans are tight is because I am building muscles in my legs. SADLY in my case, I think it is more due the lack of clean eating of late. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww... I love him. I love boxers. I would love a full blooded boxer too. Poor little guy. I am glad he found you or else his circumstances may be very different.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your puppy is adorable....adorable. As for the diaper - I think we need to see a pic of the doggie WITH the diaper. :) I am not sure I have ever seen a doggie with a diaper. Our friends have two boxers and they have such WONDERFUL personalities. So playful and yet laid back as well. Yours is precious. Just precious.

    And yes, focus on the body fat - not on the number on the scale. You know that girl! :) All your hard work will pay off when you start stripping.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete