Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Workout Log

I did what I said I would do and that was just go to the Gym no matter what and get in my workout and stay on track.......had I not gone honestly I would have kicked myself and ended up feeling like I let myself down.

My workouts looked like this:

Saturday - Legs

Hamstring Leg Press: 4 sets of 8 Reps @ 510lbs
Hanging leg raises 3 sets of 10/15 Reps

Dumbbell Stiff-legged Deadlift: 10/12 Reps 2 Sets with 45lb Dumbbells
Bicycle Crunches: 15 Reps 3 Sets

Lying Leg Curls - 35lb dumbbell between my feet 10/12 Reps 4 Sets
(Gym doesn't have the Machine)
Crunches 10/15 Reps 3 Sets

Donkey Calf Raises 10-15 Reps 4 Sets
Standing Calf Raises - 180lbs 8 Reps 3 Sets

Sunday - Back/Rear Delts
Pullups and Chin ups: until failure
Rack Pulls: 150lbs 4 Sets 6/8 Reps
Back Extensions: 4 Sets 10 Reps holding onto 45lb weight
Pull-Downs: 4 sets 8/10 Reps 80lbs
2 Sets of Rear Delt Exercises
* Also I channeled Valerie Waugamon on a couple of exercises (Can't think of the names right off) but I think they are highly effective!!!

Monday - Cardio/Abs
Crunches With a 45lb plate on my chest
Broomstick Twists
Laying leg raises on a stability ball

30 Minutes of Cardio......Ran a minute/walked a minute (back and forth)
After the Cardio I pushed the kick boxing bag the length of the aerobics room 4 times just for a little burn on the Quads and booty in a squated position.

Tuesday: Chest and Tri's
Inclines: 10sets of 10 @ 75lbs (Really weak and it pisses me off!)
Unassisted Dips 2 sets of 15 reps with a 22lb dumbbell held between my feet (Dropped the weight at 9 reps and continued until I got to the 15 Reps)
Tricep Pushdowns 4 Sets of 10 @ 70lbs
Tricep Extensions: 4 Sets of 10 60lbs

* Oh and during the 10sets of 10 inclines I supersetted with Standing Calf Raises
(180lbs)


My goal for next week is lifting heavier.......not to compare myself with anyone else but I see the weight others are pushing out and it makes me feel like a slacker! Especially the Inclines, one of my Gym friends saw me today and mentioned how she thought I was much stronger then that! I guess we all have our own weak points and that my friends is mine, probably why I don't like to do them......kindof like Bowling I suck so it really isn't fun for me!

Tomorrow will be a rest day, no Cardio or weights........just stretching
Then on Thursday it will be a leg day again (focusing on my Quads)

On the Food front I did pretty good except I really need to start drinking more water especially with the Creatine that I'm taking..........in a perfect World I would like to drink a gallon of Regular Coca Cola but I guess I'd better stick with water!

6 comments:

  1. Great lifts Lisa! Hamstring Leg Press at 510? I hope you had your bung hole plugged so your intestines didn't come shooting out!!! Holy crap, you are very strong!!!

    Inclines? You did 10 sets for Pete's sake... it's not like you were doing a one rep max.

    Great job... once again. Your hard work WILL pay off. Patience.

    ~C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cynthia - That comment totally had me laughing! Plug my bung hole you kill me.......but you do probably have a point because I saw on I think Rotten.com a Powerlifter do exactly what you just said! It wasn't pretty, the thought alone has me holding my butt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my hubby ( a powerlifter) said that footage of the guy shiting his intestines out during a squat was fake. Unless you all are talking about some pic of a guy shooting out his intestines from leg press??? never saw that and hope I never do! It is bad enough they shit themselves LOL!

    You ARE strong. I am healous:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! I love seeing other people's workouts just to get a feel for what everyone does. You inspire me!

    & agree with C x100 on the bung hole plug! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great workouts! yea, inclines 10x10 with 75 pounds is awesome, I think! And 15 dips WITH weight! You are VERY strong! For years I never lifted as heavy as I could, I would go more for the burn, so it is fun to try and get stronger. But back is my weakness!

    What are Hamstring presses?

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so clearly you got your mojo back! Woo hoo! Maybe I should have caught up on your blog from the top down! :)

    Your workouts look great. I am SUPER excited your bung hole is intact and didn't fail you :) and you are one strong momma.

    With abby on the hamstring presses - what are those bad boys?

    Jess

    ReplyDelete