Monday, January 19, 2009

Today I have been trying to find the rights words to put into this posting. I was reading a blog yesterday and I guess it made me do some thinking about what is beauty and how we are all so different. Can't you find something remarkable in almost everyone if you really take notice regardless of shape, size, skin color, hair color, eye color? And does beauty stop at the outer layer of a person, if you have nothing below the surface are you still beautiful? God has made each and everyone of us so different which makes us so unique, no 2 made alike.

Have we not all heard at one point someone say something starky about anothers outward appereance......for an example I have a old guy at the gym who constantly makes cracks about the women who are on the heavy side which is starting to make me wonder why is he so harsh with his words, sounds really the more I hear him speak that he is the one with the issues! You know when I was in Junior High I got cracks about looking like Olive Oil because I was so skinny which some don't understand can be hurtful also! Can you imagine being a Professional Womens BodyBuilder they have to have the thickest skin ever for that sport because of all the negative comments they have to endure, for those girls muscle is beautiful on a women and they strive for their own idea of perfection and beauty, different for these girls sets them apart from the pack.

When it comes right down to it if you are comfortable in your own skin that is wonderful, love yourself so what if you are a little different or your beauty doesn't fit into the norm. Beauty really is like they say in the eye of the beholder.

I found this poem online and thought I would share!

Different
by Vincen Tabatha

How are we so "different"?
If "different" is just a thing.
If we all have certain features,
What does "different" bring?

People filled with hatred,
Can't possibly see,
That there's not really "differences"
Between you and me.

Looks can't show "difference",
If they're just there to be seen.
If you don't look like someone else,
Why are they so mean?

If being "different" is what is wrong,
I'd rather not be right.
And I'd want to finish living,
Doing the "different" fight.


* Just my thought for today, if you at the gym today and you see an idividual working hard towards their own fitness goals tell them they look great and you can tell they have been working hard.......you just might make someones day!

3 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    That is so weird because this morning I was thinking about female body buiders also and the thick skin they must have.

    I love Dove's campaign for REAL beauty.... they teach young girls about what real beauty is.

    I love you blog, Lisa!

    I did have a friend at the gym that told me how she had always hated herself because everyone would tell her how they hated her for being skinny. What they really meant was that they ENVIED her for being skinny...

    What is skinny anyway...too much skin? If that's the case then I am really skinny! lol

    Have a good day!
    ~C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks C. for the comments, I have seen the Dove Campaign also and think it is a wonderful idea.......body image issue's start so early in life, I have already noticed it in my 11 year and her friends.

    Anyways have a great day also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great blog. I love those rear delt moves down below--especially the one on the bench. I think it would be easier to focus on rear delts instead of back that way.

    I love all the comments I hear about weight loss/muscle at work or out around town. I really enjoy the ones about Hydroxycut or some other fat burner. There are people that I work with using that stuff when they are 50-100 pounds overweight. They pop pills but exercise 1-2 x per month and order pizza for lunch.

    I like how you post your workouts :)
    That suit is very pretty on the "shoulder girl" below. (i forgot her name :)

    ReplyDelete