Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Night Workout



Tonight was Leg Night at the Gym......I'm on week 4 of the Hardgainers Bodybuilding HandBook by Hugo Rivera. This is a 21 week program (note that I am only doing the Leg portion) tonight was Hamstrings/Calves/Lower Abs, this is a completely different workout then I have ever used but at this point I will try just about anything to get these legs growing! I had my husband take photo's a couple of weeks ago and hope to have him do progress shots about every 4 weeks so probably next week I will post some updated photo's.

I wanted to talk a little about my Sunday night motivator which is my buddy Angie. Angie is a special young girl.......she is 21, has a job, a cute little boyfriend, hangs at the Gym 5/6 days a week, lifts like a dude and I swear the girls got more confidence then anyone I know, for an example if you tell Angie "Hey Ang your looking great and those bicep are getting huge" her comment back to you would be "Yeah they are I look good" Tell me that and I probably would tell you Thanks but my butt is getting huge!!! My point here is that Angie has Down Syndrome and she is happy, confident and content with herself despite all of her challenges in life. If I had half the heart and determination as my friend Angie I think I would have already been to Nationals. I wonder why it is that most people can't find an inner peace or contentment with the way God made them? Sometime I look at Angie and I wonder who has the Handicap, her or me because see I doubt myself and my abilities and it is time to change that. I can do whatever I set my mind too, just ask Angie!

Wanted to post some Gym Photo's that I took tonight.......1st photo is of my good friends Debbie and Carolyn, might I add that Carolyn (Dark Hair) used to be a size 24! Yes people all things are possible even a 90 pounds weight loss if your really ready to change your lifestyle! The 2nd photo is of my buddy Angie doing abs and reading my HardGainers Book between sets!

7 comments:

  1. Great post, made me smile :) Welcome to blog land and yes, you certainly should make a plan to do a national show this year, from the pic below you are ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina! I've been following along your blog also and might I add you and your Muscle in the City girls have made me smile on more than one occassion!!! You Rock, good luck at the Arnold!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad you started a blog Lisa! This post was so touching...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thrilled you started a blog! Woot woot!

    What a wonderful, wonderful post! Angie looks like such a sweetheart. You are so lucky to have her bring you joy each day!

    Jody and I have had the down's syndrome conversation as we prepare to bring a little life into this world. We aren't taking the test and we are fully prepared and will be thankful to receive whatever blessing God gives us.

    Thank you for sharing and I can't wait to watch you compete!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Touching post.

    I am very happy you started a blog!!!
    I love the pics too.

    Will be adding this link to the blogs I visit daily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the wonderful comments! This blogging stuff is kindof addictive!!!

    ReplyDelete